AGAIN? The end was only the beginning...

So I travel once again. No job, an airplane ticket to somewhere. Yah baby, I'm outta here!

phillipsatterfield@hotmail.com
Links: Photo Gallery My Original Blog Asia Map Global Clock Currency Calculator Travel Info: Hong Kong Shanghai Singapore Bali Malaysia Thailand

Friday, February 18, 2005

What's Up Singapore!

So I flew out of Hong Kong 2 days after the Chinese New Year to SIN. The airport was empty out of Hong Kong, as well as the flight. Fortunate for me I got the First Class seating, Again. This time I was on the 2nd level of the 747. Very very posh. It's like club med up there or something. When I touched down in Singapore I instantly could tell that I was in a very tropical climate, evidenced by all the lush vegetation within the airport. I got through immigration and immediately called my friend Presila to pick me up. Once I got outside to wait for her, I was reminded how hot and humid it was in these parts. Yikes, how did I survive before? Oh well, this is what I wanted.

Over the two full days that I spent there Presila showed me around a bit, but there ain't too much to see since it's so small. But you can still get out of town some how. It all looks like one big place to me. Our drive included Little India, China Town, this and that, and so on. Oh yah, and the beach. Not so nice because there are hundreds of ships blocking the horizon. We really only went out at night because it is too hot in the day. I also watch some old chinese kung fu movies with evil spirits'n stuff. The second day I go to my friends house and her family has open house (day party) for chinese new year celebration. I got to have Singapore food like cuttle fish and ray. Interesting. So not much going on there, but I enjoyed myself though because of my friend.

And as fast as I had come, I had left for Kuala Lumpur to catch my flight to Bali. In the same day I left Singapore on a bus to KL, I landed in Bali. To make it on time I tried to get a taxi at around 6:45am to make it to the bus stop with plenty of time. But it took me about 45min to get one! I was sure to miss the bus. I don't know why the taxi's didn't want to take me. So many just drive by me with no one in the car. Later I think it was because I have big bag and look like foriegner, so I hid the bag and instantly got one. Now I just had to pray the bus would be 30 mins late. Fortunately for me it was. Off to KL, stamp the passport a few time, flag down a taxi once in KL and back track about an hour back down the highway (KL airport is far outside the city). To the airport with plenty of time I could relax, and just worry about meeting my friend in Kuta, Bali where she had been waiting for 3 days. As I got on the budget airline to Bali, I cringed at the conditions and thought to myself, this is the airline the poor people fly. I met this indian guy from Malaysia and was to hear how much respect he had for the US no matter how much evil I explained to him we did. I thought it was amazing for someone to have so much respect for us. And Bali, wait for the next entry, I already have some serious stories to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->
Email Address
phillipsatterfield @hotmail.com
Links
Archives